Aaron Lawrence


I am a self taught artist and have fallen in love with painting again after not picking up a paintbrush since finishing secondary school, 17 years ago. After encouragement from my wife after seeing some of my work from school I entered a painting into Patchings Farm Exhibition in 2007 which to my pleasant surprise was selected for the “highly commended category”. This gave me the confidence to paint on a regular basis and try different subjects and medium. I continued to paint on a regular basis and try different subjects and medium. I continued to paint on Saturdays and the odd evening in the week as I worked full time. My work was then on display at Caythorpe Summer Festival in 2008. After setting up my own website I was approached to display my Art at a Christmas exhibition on Rivington Street in London. This year my art will be on display as part of Sherwood Artweek and in Arnold Library.

The painting you see here is my first attempt at Architecture in oils as most of my work to date has been of flowers or seascapes in oils or watercolours.

With most of my art to date I have loved using bright bold colours and used photographs I have taken as subject matter, which hopefully have grabbed people’s attention. This summer I am looking forward to taking my easel outside as myself and my wife live in the lovely village of Woodborough.