Valerie Powell


I am 66 years old with 3 daughters and 5 grandchildren.

After retiring at the age of 62 I decided to join a WEA class in mixed media. This was the beginning of my experience in art.

Since then I have attended a drawing class, watercolour class, pastel and acrylic class.

I enjoy trying different mediums and experimenting with the effects.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and have been very fortunate to have pictures recently selected for an exhibition. In December 2008 I had a picture selected for the Derby Open and have more recently had 3 pictures in the Betroot Tree Gallery.

I particularly admire the work of Monet, Mackintosh, Georgia O Keefe and Tamara de Lempicka.

I still attend a WEA class, where I continue to enjoy the challenges this presents.

I am the local church treasurer, a member of a banner group producing wall hangings for the church, and enjoy yoga.

Email: Valerie.powell7@ntlworld.com