Robin Badcock


I have been interested in photography for a number of years, especially since the onset of digital photography and on-line critique galleries. However, I am essentially a self-taught photographer. This is my first exhibition, so please be nice!.

I do not have a particular area of expertise in photography, but I have always been drawn to more abstract shots and geometric patterns, whether manufactured or natural, and macro photography. I aim to extract the essence of an object, place or building without revealing too much of its identity – leaving just enough for the viewer to try to imagine the whole.

Although I have no direct influences I greatly admire the work of M.C.Escher for his playfulness and somewhat paradoxical works. My favourite photographer is Sebastiao Salgado, and in the future I would like to try my hand at a more photojournalistic approach to the art.



Contact no: 07793057894
0robin4@gmail.com