Charlotte White


I took photography A-level earlier this decade and have tried to continue to work creatively with the camera whenever possible since then. I was thrilled to have 3 pieces from a series of work with mannequins accepted into the View From The Top Gallery Fresh 2 exhibition in 2008. Although I still love traditional film techniques, costs and creative possibilities have led me to begin to work with digital equipment. An eternal hoarder, I have gathered many vintage objects over the years. Recently I have been looking at ways these can be juxtaposed with my photographic images to create new artwork. The View Nottingham brief provided the perfect opportunity to look at one of my favourite places in Nottinghamshire, Newstead Abbey, and utilise an old tourist guidebook from the 1940s.


Contact: info@charlottewhite.net